this , that / between in
6.17.2012
邊地微光詩聲音@Wallpaper Magazine
邊地微光詩聲音,倫敦雜誌 Wallpaper 採訪,2011 年 7 月號,主題國家:臺灣。
(彤雅立+王榆鈞,臺北寶藏巖國際藝術村,駐村期:2011.1.10-4.3)
Tong Yali & Wang Yujun @ Wallpaper Magazine
Email interview by reporter: Jennifer Chen.
1.) Tong Yali -- I understand you're a poet. Can you tell me what sort of themes you deal with in your poetry? Have you published any collections recently?
Last December, a feminist publisher named fembooks published my poetry anthology Borderland’s Dawn. This anthology reveals the topic I have been working on for many years: borderland. There are four parts in this anthology: “between water and land”, “her city”, “my soul is nude beyond the wall” and “a withered wait”. These works covered a range of border from geography to gender, dreams and daily life. In my point of view, borderlands are nameless but full of energy, just like islands are the result of the great power of two continental plates colliding, and they are inbetween. For this collaboration, we enter into the borderland of poetry and sound.
去年十二月,臺北一家女性主義出版社「女書文化」出版了我的 詩集《邊地微光》。這本詩集透露出我長年書寫的主題「邊地」,共分為四個部分——「在水與陸之間」、「她城」、「我的靈魂赤裸在牆外」與「斑駁的等待」。 從地理上的邊境,到性別上的邊境,乃至於夢境與日常之間的分際。在我看來,邊地是無以名狀卻充滿力量的,就像島嶼其實是兩個板塊強大力量推擠之後的結果。 這次創作詩聲音,同樣也是進入詩與聲音的邊地。
2.) Wang Yujun -- how long have you been an artist in residence at Treasure Hill? What is it like to work and live at Treasure Hill?
I started living here last March. Treasure Hill is located in the centre of Taipei City but it feels like living in a faraway land, and I really respect this place that has been shaped by history. I am deeply moved by the changes everyday of the light and shadow. At night, when I am alone, I feel like I am in another world, I can peacefully play the guitar or my old piano. I consider this place as a treasure and it gives me a lot of inspiration.
我在今年三月初的時候進駐寶藏巖的。
位在台北市卻又邊陲的寶藏巖,我帶著尊敬的心情面對這個具有歷史痕跡的場域。
對於我自己來說,每天每天這裡光與影的變化都帶給我許多感動,而到了夜裡一個人獨處時,又彷彿是在另一個世界,可以靜靜地彈著吉他或者與鋼琴相處,是給我很多靈感的一個小寶藏。
3.) Wang Yujun -- can you describe your art?
Everything here starts from playing guitar and singing – the ideas slowly come to me and suddenly I know how to express my inner thoughts. Over the past few years, I have been collaborating with artists in different fields and rediscover how fascinating the sounds can be. For example, as a current resident artist of Treasure Hill, I am using the remnants of an old broken piano to produce sounds with my own two hands. At the same time, I am pondering the relationship between melody, sound and time. I intend to combine these sounds with music, simplify them and construct a new world of auditory experiences – an emotional world which we can come in contact with but one that we cannot see which contains an innermost core of depth, truth, and beauty that we cannot use words to describe.
從吉他彈唱開始,慢慢找到可以捕捉,記錄,以及表達自己的一些想法,觀點。漸漸地與不同領域的跨界合作之中,又發現 到「聲音」的迷人之處。譬如這次在寶藏巖駐村創作使用的媒介,那台很老很老已被支解剩下主體的鋼琴,以雙手撫觸,同時也好奇著“音,聲,與時間”之間的關 係。我企圖並嘗試將音樂與聲響結合,化繁為簡,在聽覺上建構出一個世界:而這個世界是可以去觸踫的情感,最內裡的隱而未見也無法言說的部份,深刻而真摯, 美的存在。
4.) Yali and Yujun -- can you describe your recent collaboration, Borderland's Dawn?
During our time in Treasure Hill, we develop our works independently, but we somehow weave the influences of others’ works into our own. The sounds and the writing interact with each other. At times the sounds and music bring forth the words, at times the words give the music a more profound meaning. Poetry and sounds have a close relationship. In our artworks, the lines of poetry, the music and the sounds overlap like the water in the stream. Through our artist residency, the poetry-sound transports us to reach a poetic mental state and entering to a world of subtlety. We are drawn into exploring the core. After the residency, we will continue to collaborate with each other. Our next step is to create poetry-sound based on world poetry, especially Chinese and German poetry, and try to explore other possible poetry-sound.
在寶藏巖駐村期間, 我們的作品各自發展,卻又互有關聯。聲音與寫作的意象相互激盪,有時是音聲啟發了文字的書寫,有時是書寫使音聲有了更豐富的內裡。詩與聲音有著緊密的關 係。在我們的創作中,詩句與音聲互為交疊。這次駐村,我們透過詩聲音達到一種詩的精神狀態,進入一個幽深的境界。它引領我們往核心去探索。駐村結束後,我 們的合作亦將持續。接下來我們會嘗試創作世界詩篇,並且尋找詩聲音更多的可能性。
(English Translation: Andrew Raymond Chapman)
訂閱:
張貼留言 (Atom)


沒有留言:
張貼留言